Division of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science and Technology (DLMPST)
Venue: Department of Pure and Applied Sciences
via Timoteo Viti 10, Urbino (PU), 60129 Italy
CALL FOR PAPERS
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 30th of December, 2018
We are pleased to announce that the 4th SILFS Postgraduate Conference on Logic and Philosophy of Science is going to be entirely devoted to young researchers.
The aim of the conference is to gather young researchers working in the field of logic and philosophy of sciences and to offer them the opportunity to present and discuss their papers in an informal and stimulating environment.
The conference is divided into eight sessions, namely:
1) Philosophy of Biology and Health Sciences
2) Philosophy of Mind and Cognitive Science
3) Foundations of Computing and Artificial Intelligence
4) Classical and Non-Classical Logics
5) Philosophy and Foundations of Physics
6) Foundations of Logic and Mathematics
7) Philosophy of Social Sciences
8) General Philosophy of Science
The sessions will be chaired, respectively, by the following scholars:
1) Chairs: Cristina Amoretti (Univ. of Genoa) — Gilberto Corbellini (Sapienza Univ. of Rome, CNR-DSU)
2) Chairs: Luisa Damiano (Univ. of Messina) — Francesco Bianchini (Uni. of Bologna)
3) Chairs: Edoardo Datteri (Univ. of Milano-Bicocca) — Guglielmo Tamburrini (Univ. of Naples Federico II)
4) Chairs: Sara Negri (Univ. of Helsinki) — Roberto Giuntini (Univ. of Cagliari)
5) Chairs: Laura Felline (Univ. of Rome III) — Giuseppe Sergioli (Univ. of Cagliari)
6) Chairs: Laura Crosilla (Univ. of Birmingham) — Emiliano Ippoliti (Sapienza Univ. of Rome)
7) Chairs: Eleonora Montuschi (Ca’ Foscari Univ. of Venice) — Pierluigi Barrotta (Univ. of Pisa)
8) Chairs: Marco Giunti (Univ. of Cagliari) — Mario Alai (Univ. of Urbino)
We invite submissions in the aforementioned areas of research from PhD students or scholars who completed their PhD in the last 5 years. In the case of a co-authored paper, at least one of the authors must be a PhD student or a scholar who completed her/his PhD in the last 5 years; only those meeting this requirement are eligible to submit the abstract.
Upload an abstract of at most 3000 words (including references) on the following EasyChair page:
Collegio Colle (ten minutes from the city center, http://www.collegiocolle.it)
Collegio Internazionale (in the city center, http://www.casastudente.it)
Note that it is possible to have lunches and dinners at the university cafeteria at the cost of 10.00 Euros per meal. If you rather not have lunch/dinner at the cafeteria, there are a number of sandwich places nearby.
Young researchers who did not pass the selection are still welcome to attend.
The authors of the novel and unpublished works will be invited to submit full papers which will, eventually, be published in the post conference proceedings volume in the journal Foundations of Science, Springer (https://link.springer.com/journal/10699 ). All extended versions of the abstracts will undergo a peer review process according to the journal policies.
The Scientific and Organizing Committee will select the eight best presentations given in each eight session of the school. The authors of the selected presentations will receive an award on the last day of the school.
Further information can be found at www.silfs.it or by writing to
Pierluigi Graziani email@example.com
The Council of SILFS, Italian Society for Logic and the Philosophy of Science (www.silfs.it).