4th SILFS POSTGRADUATE CONFERENCE ON LOGIC AND PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE
URBINO, URBINO UNIVERSITY
3rd-7th of June 2019
Under the auspices of the
Division of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science and Technology (DLMPST)
We are pleased to announce that the 4th SILFS Postgraduate Conference on Logic and Philosophy of Science is going to be entirely devoted to young researchers. The aim of the conference is to gather young researchers working in the field of logic and philosophy of sciences and to offer them the opportunity to present and discuss their papers in an informal and stimulating environment.
The conference is divided into eight sessions, namely:
- Philosophy of Biology and Health Sciences
- Philosophy of Mind and Cognitive Science
- Foundations of Computing and Artificial Intelligence
- Classical and Non-Classical Logics
- Philosophy and Foundations of Physics
- Foundations of Logic and Mathematics
- Philosophy of Social Sciences
- General Philosophy of Science
The sessions will be chaired, respectively, by the following scholars:
- Chairs: Cristina Amoretti (Univ. of Genoa) — Gilberto Corbellini (Sapienza Univ. of Rome, CNR-DSU)
- Chairs: Luisa Damiano (Univ. of Messina) — Francesco Bianchini (Uni. of Bologna)
- Chairs: Edoardo Datteri (Univ. of Milano-Bicocca) — Guglielmo Tamburrini (Univ. of Naples Federico II)
- Chairs: Sara Negri (Univ. of Helsinki) — Roberto Giuntini (Univ. of Cagliari)
- Chairs: Laura Felline (Univ. of Rome III) — Giuseppe Sergioli (Univ. of Cagliari)
- Chairs: Laura Crosilla (Univ. of Birmingham) — Emiliano Ippoliti (Sapienza Univ. of Rome)
- Chairs: Eleonora Montuschi (Ca’ Foscari Univ. of Venice) — Pierluigi Barrotta (Univ. of Pisa)
- Chairs: Marco Giunti (Univ. of Cagliari) — Mario Alai (Univ. of Urbino)
- Gerhard Heinzmann (Université de Lorraine);
- Heinrich Wansing (Ruhr-Universität Bochum)
- The Winner of the SILFS Philosophy of Science Prize.
Young researchers who did not pass the selection are still welcome to attend. The authors of the novel and unpublished works will be invited to submit full papers which will, eventually, be published in the post conference proceedings volume in the journal Foundations of Science, Springer (https://link.springer.com/journal/10699 ). All extended versions of the abstracts will undergo a peer review process according to the journal policies.
The Scientific and Organizing Committee will select the eight best presentations given in each eight session of the school. The authors of the selected presentations will receive an award on the last day of the school.
For any question about organization, timing or any other issue concerning SILFS Postgraduate Conference 2019, please refer to Pierluigi Graziani:
- Mario Alai (University of Urbino)
- Francesco Bianchini (University of Bologna)
- Vincenzo Fano (University of Urbino)
- Marco Giunti (University of Cagliari)
- Roberto Giuntini (University of Cagliari)
- Pierluigi Graziani (University of Urbino)
- Giuseppe Sergioli (University of Cagliari)
- Gino Tarozzi (University of Urbino)
We invite submissions in the aforementioned areas of research from PhD students or scholars who completed their PhD in the last 5 years. In the case of a co-authored paper, at least one of the authors must be a PhD student or a scholar who completed her/his PhD in the last 5 years; only those meeting this requirement are eligible to submit the abstract. Upload an abstract of at most 3000 words (including references) on the following EasyChair page:
Please, indicate the web site, if it exists, where your CV can be found.
- Each abstract will go through a double blind peer review.
- Notification of acceptance is expected not later than the 30th of March, 2019.
- Each session will host 4 different talks (30 minutes for each talk + 10 minutes of discussion).
Accepted participants must transfer 70.00 Euros to SILFS before the 30th of April 2019.
The allowed payment methods are by credit card and by bank-transfer:
If you choose to pay by credit card, click on the following link:
If you choose to pay by bank-transfer, please use the following data:
- Beneficiary: SILFS – Società Italiana di Logica e Filosofia delle Scienze
- Bank: UNICREDIT BANCA (street: Piazza Aldrovandi n.12, 40125 Bologna, BO, Italy)
- SWIFT code: UNCRITM1PM7
- IBAN: IT81X0200802457000103307940
- Reason for payment:
- Contribution for 4th SILFS Postgraduate Conference – Family_Name Name
Payment include: conference attendance, school materials, social dinner, and coffee breaks.
Please note that: travel, accommodation, lunches and dinners are NOT included.
For information on B&Bs and Hotels visit: